20 Short Bob Extensions - Short Hair Extensions
Short Bob Extensions: A Guide to Getting the Look You Want
Short bobs are a popular hairstyle for women of all ages. They're stylish, versatile, and easy to maintain. But if you have fine or thin hair, you may be wondering if you can still achieve the look of a full, voluminous bob. The answer is yes! With the help of hair extensions, you can easily add length, volume, and thickness to your short hair.
In this blog post, we'll discuss everything you need to know about short bob extensions. We'll cover the different types of extensions available, the cost of extensions, and the process of getting them installed. We'll also provide some tips for styling your new extensions.
Types of Extensions
There are three main types of hair extensions:
- Clip-in extensions: These are the most affordable type of extensions. They're easy to install and remove, and they can be worn for multiple uses.
- Tape-in extensions: These extensions are more expensive than clip-in extensions, but they're also more secure. They're also less damaging to your hair than other types of extensions.
- Bonded extensions: These extensions are the most expensive type of extensions, but they're also the most durable. They can last for up to six months with proper care.
Cost of Extensions
The cost of hair extensions will vary depending on the type of extensions you choose, the length and thickness of your hair, and the salon where you have them installed. Clip-in extensions are typically the most affordable option, while bonded extensions are the most expensive.
Process of Getting Extensions Installed
The process of getting hair extensions installed will vary depending on the type of extensions you choose. Clip-in extensions can be installed at home, while tape-in and bonded extensions must be installed by a professional hair stylist.
If you're having clip-in extensions installed, you'll need to choose a set that matches the length and color of your hair. Once you've chosen a set, simply clip them in place at the roots of your hair.
If you're having tape-in or bonded extensions installed, your hair stylist will first need to section your hair into small rows. Then, they'll apply a small amount of adhesive to each row of hair and attach the extension strand.
Tips for Styling Your Extensions
Once your extensions are installed, you can style them just like you would your natural hair. You can blow-dry them, curl them, or straighten them. You can also color them, if desired.
Here are a few tips for styling your extensions:
- Use a wide-tooth comb to brush your extensions. This will help to prevent tangles.
- Use a heat protectant spray before styling your extensions with heat. This will help to prevent damage.
- Be careful not to pull or tug on your extensions when styling them. This can cause them to come out.
Q: How long do hair extensions last?
A: The lifespan of hair extensions will vary depending on the type of extensions you choose and how well you care for them. Clip-in extensions can last for a few days, while tape-in and bonded extensions can last for up to six months.
Q: Are hair extensions damaging to my hair?
A: Hair extensions can be damaging to your hair if they're not installed properly or if they're not cared for properly. It's important to choose a reputable salon and to follow your hair stylist's instructions for care.
Q: What are the risks of getting hair extensions?
A: There are a few risks associated with getting hair extensions, including:
- Allergic reactions to the adhesive or glue used to attach the extensions
- Hair loss, if the extensions are not installed properly or if they're not cared for properly
- Infection, if the extensions are not installed in a sterile environment
Hair extensions can be a great way to add length, volume, and thickness to your short hair. If you're considering getting extensions, be sure to do your research and choose a reputable salon. With proper care, your extensions can last for months and give you the look you've always wanted.