11 Cornrow Ideas For Short Hair - Short Hairstyle Ideas
Cornrow Ideas for Short Hair
Cornrows are a classic African hairstyle that has been worn for centuries. They are made by braiding hair tightly together, and can be worn in a variety of styles. Cornrows are a great option for short hair, as they can help to add length and volume. They are also very versatile, and can be dressed up or down for any occasion.
If you are considering getting cornrows, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, cornrows can be time-consuming to do, so you will need to make an appointment with a professional stylist. Second, cornrows can be uncomfortable to sleep in, so you may want to wear a silk scarf or bonnet at night. Finally, cornrows can be difficult to maintain, so you will need to be prepared to wash and style them regularly.
Here are a few cornrow ideas for short hair:
- Straight cornrows: This is the most basic cornrow style, and is perfect for a sleek and sophisticated look.
[Image of Straight cornrows hairstyle]
- Box braids: Box braids are a variation of cornrows that are created by braiding hair into square sections. This style is very popular, and can be worn in a variety of colors.
[Image of Box braids hairstyle]
- Fulani braids: Fulani braids are a type of cornrow that is created by braiding hair in a zigzag pattern. This style is very intricate and eye-catching.
[Image of Fulani braids hairstyle]
- Feed-in braids: Feed-in braids are a type of cornrow that is created by braiding hair into extensions. This style is very versatile, and can be worn in a variety of styles.
[Image of Feed-in braids hairstyle]
- Twisted cornrows: Twisted cornrows are a type of cornrow that is created by twisting hair instead of braiding it. This style is very unique and eye-catching.
[Image of Twisted cornrows hairstyle]
- Crochet braids: Crochet braids are a type of cornrow that is created by crocheting hair into extensions. This style is very durable and long-lasting.
[Image of Crochet braids hairstyle]
- Dreadlocks: Dreadlocks are a type of cornrow that is created by allowing hair to mat naturally. This style is very unique and stylish.
[Image of Dreadlocks hairstyle]
- Temple braids: Temple braids are a type of cornrow that is created by braiding hair in a triangular pattern. This style is very stylish and eye-catching.
[Image of Temple braids hairstyle]
- Crown braids: Crown braids are a type of cornrow that is created by braiding hair in a circular pattern. This style is very elegant and sophisticated.
[Image of Crown braids hairstyle]
No matter what style you choose, cornrows are a great way to add style and personality to your short hair. With so many different options available, you are sure to find a style that you love.
Q: How long does it take to get cornrows?
A: The amount of time it takes to get cornrows depends on the length and thickness of your hair, as well as the style you choose. In general, expect to spend between 2 and 6 hours in the salon.
Q: How much do cornrows cost?
A: The cost of cornrows varies depending on the salon and the stylist. In general, expect to pay between $100 and $500.
Q: How long can I wear cornrows?
A: Cornrows can last anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks, depending on how well you care for them. To extend the life of your cornrows, avoid getting them wet and use a leave-in conditioner to keep them hydrated.
Q: How do I take care of my cornrows?
A: To care for your cornrows, you should:
- Avoid getting them wet.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to keep them hydrated.
- Gently detangle them with a wide-tooth comb.
- Avoid sleeping on them.