15 Hair Extensions For Pixie Hair - Short Hair Extensions
Hair Extensions for Pixie Hair
Do you love the look of a pixie cut, but wish you had a little more length and volume? If so, hair extensions may be the perfect solution for you. Hair extensions can add length, volume, and style to any hair type, including short hair.
Types of Hair Extensions
There are many different types of hair extensions available, including:
- Clip-in extensions: These are the most popular type of hair extensions. They are easy to apply and remove, and they are a good option for people who want to try out hair extensions without making a long-term commitment.
[Image of Clip-in hair extensions]
- Tape-in extensions: These extensions are bonded to your hair with a small piece of tape. They are very discreet and can last up to six weeks.
[Image of Tape-in hair extensions]
- Bonded extensions: These extensions are bonded to your hair with a small bead of keratin. They are the most durable type of hair extensions and can last up to six months.
[Image of Bonded hair extensions]
- Microlink extensions: These extensions are bonded to your hair with a small microlink. They are very discreet and can last up to four months.
[Image of Microlink hair extensions]
Choosing the Right Hair Extensions
When choosing hair extensions, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Your hair type: If you have fine hair, you will want to choose extensions that are made from fine hair. If you have thick hair, you can choose extensions that are made from any type of hair.
- Your hair color: If you have natural hair, you will want to choose extensions that are the same color as your hair. If you have dyed hair, you can choose extensions that are a different color, but it is important to choose extensions that are a similar shade to your hair color.
- Your budget: Hair extensions can be expensive, so it is important to set a budget before you start shopping.
Getting Hair Extensions
Hair extensions can be installed by a professional hair stylist or by yourself. If you are having them installed by a professional, they will be able to help you choose the right type of extensions for your hair and install them in a way that is both natural and flattering. If you are installing them yourself, there are many tutorials available online that can show you how to do it.
Caring for Hair Extensions
Once you have your hair extensions installed, it is important to care for them properly. Here are a few tips:
- Wash your hair extensions as you would your natural hair.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair extensions.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your hair extensions.
- Get your hair extensions professionally cleaned every six to eight weeks.
Q: How long do hair extensions last?
A: The lifespan of hair extensions depends on the type of extensions you choose and how well you care for them. Clip-in extensions can last for a few days, while bonded extensions can last for up to six months.
Q: How much do hair extensions cost?
A: The cost of hair extensions varies depending on the type of extensions you choose, the length of your hair, and the salon where you have them installed. Clip-in extensions are the most affordable option, while bonded extensions are the most expensive.
Q: Are hair extensions safe?
A: Hair extensions are generally safe when they are installed by a qualified hair stylist. However, there is always the risk of infection or damage to your hair if the extensions are not installed properly.
Hair extensions can be a great way to add length, volume, and style to your hair. If you are thinking about getting hair extensions, be sure to do your research and choose a reputable salon. With proper care, your hair extensions can last for months and give you the look you desire.