18 Pixie Cut 50s - Short Hairstyle Trends
The Pixie Cut: A Timeless Classic
The pixie cut is a short, edgy hairstyle that has been popular for decades. It is a versatile cut that can be styled in a variety of ways, making it a great choice for women of all ages and hair types.
The pixie cut originated in the 1950s, when it was popularized by actresses such as Audrey Hepburn and Jean Seberg. The cut was seen as a symbol of independence and freedom, and it quickly became a favorite among women who wanted to express their individuality.
The pixie cut has continued to be popular in the years since, and it has been worn by a wide range of celebrities, including Mia Farrow, Twiggy, and Rihanna. The cut is also a favorite among fashion models, who appreciate its ability to showcase their features.
Why Choose a Pixie Cut?
There are many reasons to choose a pixie cut. Here are just a few:
- It's low-maintenance. Pixie cuts require little styling, which is perfect for busy women who don't have a lot of time to spend on their hair.
- It's versatile. Pixie cuts can be styled in a variety of ways, so you can change your look depending on your mood.
- It's flattering. Pixie cuts can be flattering on a variety of face shapes and hair types.
- It's a statement. A pixie cut is a bold and edgy hairstyle that can make a statement.
How to Style a Pixie Cut
There are endless possibilities when it comes to styling a pixie cut. Here are a few ideas:
- For a sleek and sophisticated look, use a texturizing spray to add some volume and texture to your hair. Then, sweep it all back into a low ponytail.
[Image of sleek and sophisticated pixie cut]
- For a more edgy look, use a gel or mousse to create spikes or a messy bun.
[Image of edgy pixie cut]
- For a romantic look, leave your hair loose and tousled.
[Image of romantic pixie cut]
Pixie Cuts for Different Hair Types
Pixie cuts can be flattering on a variety of hair types. Here are a few tips for styling pixie cuts for different hair types:
- For fine hair, use a volumizing product to add some body to your hair.
[Image of pixie cut for fine hair]
- For thick hair, use a texturizing product to add some control to your hair.
[Image of pixie cut for thick hair]
- For curly hair, use a styling product that will help define your curls.
[Image of pixie cut for curly hair]
Pixie Cuts for Different Face Shapes
Pixie cuts can be flattering on a variety of face shapes. Here are a few tips for choosing a pixie cut that will flatter your face shape:
- If you have a round face, choose a pixie cut with long layers that will help elongate your face.
[Image of pixie cut for round face]
- If you have an oval face, you can choose any type of pixie cut.
[Image of pixie cut for oval face]
- If you have a square face, choose a pixie cut with soft edges that will help soften your features.
[Image of pixie cut for square face]
- If you have a heart-shaped face, choose a pixie cut with bangs that will help balance your features.
[Image of pixie cut for heart-shaped face]
Q: How often do I need to get my pixie cut cut?
A: You will need to get your pixie cut cut every 4-6 weeks to maintain its shape.
Q: How much does it cost to get a pixie cut?
A: The cost of a pixie cut varies depending on the salon and the stylist. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50-$100 for a basic pixie cut.
Q: Is a pixie cut a good choice for me?
A: A pixie cut can be a good choice for women of all ages and hair types. However, it is important to consider your face shape and hair type when choosing a pixie cut. If you are unsure whether or not a pixie cut is right for you, consult with a stylist.