14 Getting Extensions On Short Hair - Short Hair Extensions
Getting Extensions on Short Hair
If you have short hair, you may be wondering if you can get extensions. The answer is yes, you can! In fact, there are many different types of extensions that can be used on short hair.
Types of Extensions for Short Hair
There are many different types of extensions that can be used on short hair. Some of the most popular types include:
- Clip-in extensions: Clip-in extensions are the easiest and most affordable type of extension. They are made of human hair or synthetic hair and come in a variety of lengths, colors, and styles. To apply clip-in extensions, simply clip them into your hair.
[Image of Clip-in extensions for short hair]
- Bonded extensions: Bonded extensions are a more permanent type of extension. They are made of human hair and are bonded to your hair using a special adhesive. Bonded extensions can last for up to 6 months.
[Image of Bonded extensions for short hair]
- Microlink extensions: Microlink extensions are a type of bonded extension that uses tiny metal beads to attach the extensions to your hair. Microlink extensions are very discreet and can last for up to 4 months.
[Image of Microlink extensions for short hair]
- I-Link extensions: I-Link extensions are a type of bonded extension that uses tiny titanium rings to attach the extensions to your hair. I-Link extensions are very strong and can last for up to 6 months.
[Image of I-Link extensions for short hair]
Choosing the Right Extensions for Your Hair
When choosing extensions for short hair, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- The length of your hair: If your hair is very short, you will need to choose extensions that are the same length or slightly longer than your hair.
- The thickness of your hair: If you have thin hair, you will need to choose extensions that are lightweight.
- The texture of your hair: If you have curly or textured hair, you will need to choose extensions that are made of human hair that has been processed to match the texture of your hair.
Getting Extensions Installed
If you are not comfortable installing your own extensions, you can have them installed by a professional. When having extensions installed by a professional, be sure to ask about their experience with installing extensions on short hair.
Caring for Your Extensions
Once you have your extensions installed, it is important to care for them properly. Here are a few tips for caring for your extensions:
- Brush your extensions gently: Brush your extensions gently with a wide-tooth comb.
- Wash your extensions regularly: Wash your extensions regularly with a shampoo and conditioner that is designed for extensions.
- Avoid heat styling: Avoid heat styling your extensions, as this can damage them.
- Get your extensions trimmed regularly: Get your extensions trimmed regularly to remove any split ends.
Q: How long do extensions last on short hair?
A: The length of time that extensions last on short hair depends on the type of extensions you choose and how well you care for them. Clip-in extensions can last for a few days, while bonded extensions can last for up to 6 months.
Q: Are extensions expensive?
A: The cost of extensions varies depending on the type of extensions you choose and the salon where you have them installed. Clip-in extensions are the most affordable type of extension, while bonded extensions are the most expensive.
Q: Are extensions painful?
A: Extensions are not usually painful to have installed. However, if you have sensitive scalp, you may experience some discomfort.
Q: Can I get extensions if I have color-treated hair?
A: Yes, you can get extensions if you have color-treated hair. However, it is important to choose extensions that are the same color as your hair.
Getting extensions on short hair is a great way to add length, volume, and style to your hair. With proper care, your extensions can last for months or even years. If you are considering getting extensions, be sure to do your research and choose a reputable salon.