11 Short To Long Hair Extensions - Short Hair Extensions
How to Go From Short to Long Hair With Extensions
Do you have short hair and want to try out a longer style? Hair extensions can be a great way to achieve the look you want without having to wait for your hair to grow out. However, if you have short hair, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when choosing and installing extensions.
In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about getting hair extensions for short hair. We will cover topics such as:
- Choosing the right type of extensions
- Installing extensions on short hair
- Caring for your extensions
By the end of this post, you will know everything you need to do to get the long, luscious hair you've always wanted.
1. Choosing the Right Type of Extensions
There are a few different types of hair extensions available, and the best type for you will depend on your hair type, budget, and desired look.
- Clip-in extensions are the most affordable option and are easy to install yourself. However, they can be difficult to blend in with short hair, and they may not last as long as other types of extensions.
- Tape-in extensions are a bit more expensive than clip-in extensions, but they are easier to blend in with short hair and last longer.
- Weft extensions are the most expensive option, but they are the most durable and can be installed by a professional or yourself.
2. Installing Extensions on Short Hair
If you choose to have your extensions installed by a professional, they will be able to advise you on the best type of extensions for your hair and how to care for them. However, if you choose to install your own extensions, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Section your hair into small, even pieces.
- Apply the extensions to each section of hair, making sure they are evenly spaced.
- Secure the extensions with tape, clips, or bonds.
3. Caring for Your Extensions
Once your extensions are installed, it is important to care for them properly to keep them looking their best. Here are a few tips:
- Wash your hair gently with a shampoo and conditioner that is designed for extensions.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your extensions.
- Get your extensions professionally removed after 6-8 weeks.
Q: How long do hair extensions last?
A: The lifespan of hair extensions will vary depending on the type of extensions you choose and how well you care for them. Clip-in extensions can last for a few days to a few weeks, while tape-in and weft extensions can last for 6-8 weeks.
Q: How much do hair extensions cost?
A: The cost of hair extensions will vary depending on the type of extensions you choose, the length and volume of hair you need, and the salon you go to. Clip-in extensions are the most affordable option, while weft extensions are the most expensive.
Q: Are hair extensions safe?
A: Hair extensions are generally safe when they are installed and cared for properly. However, there is a risk of infection if the extensions are not properly sanitized. If you have any concerns about the safety of hair extensions, talk to your doctor or a hair stylist.