14 Short Layered Hairstyle With Balayage Highlights - Short Hairstyle Trends
What is balayage?
Balayage is a French hair coloring technique that creates a natural-looking, sun-kissed effect. It is done by hand-painting the hair with lighter shades to create a gradient effect. Balayage is a great option for those who want to add dimension and depth to their hair without making a drastic change.
What is a short layered hairstyle?
A short layered hairstyle is a haircut that features layers of varying lengths. This type of haircut can be flattering on a variety of hair types and face shapes. Short layered hairstyles are also relatively low-maintenance, making them a great option for busy women.
Why should you get a short layered hairstyle with balayage highlights?
There are many reasons why you should get a short layered hairstyle with balayage highlights. Here are a few of the benefits:
- Balayage highlights can add dimension and depth to your hair, making it look thicker and fuller.
- Short layered hairstyles are low-maintenance and easy to style.
- Balayage highlights can be customized to match your hair color and skin tone.
- Short layered hairstyles are versatile and can be styled in a variety of ways.
How to choose the right balayage highlights for your short layered hairstyle
When choosing balayage highlights for your short layered hairstyle, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your hair color: Balayage highlights can be customized to match your hair color. If you have dark hair, you may want to choose lighter highlights to create a contrast. If you have light hair, you may want to choose darker highlights to add depth.
- Your skin tone: Balayage highlights can also be customized to match your skin tone. If you have fair skin, you may want to choose warm highlights, such as caramel or honey. If you have olive skin, you may want to choose cool highlights, such as ash or blonde.
- Your face shape: Balayage highlights can also be used to flatter your face shape. If you have a round face, you may want to choose balayage highlights that add width to your face, such as face-framing highlights. If you have a square face, you may want to choose balayage highlights that soften your angles, such as balayage highlights that start at the temples.
How to style your short layered hairstyle with balayage highlights
Short layered hairstyles with balayage highlights can be styled in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- For a sleek look: Use a flat iron to straighten your hair and then add a finishing spray to keep it in place.
- For a wavy look: Use a curling iron to create loose waves in your hair. Then, add a texturizing spray to add volume and definition.
- For a messy look: To create a messy, tousled look, simply tousle your hair with your fingers and add a bit of hairspray to keep it in place.
Q: How often do I need to get my balayage highlights touched up?
A: The frequency with which you need to get your balayage highlights touched up will depend on how quickly your hair grows. If your hair grows quickly, you may need to get your highlights touched up every 6-8 weeks. If your hair grows slowly, you may be able to go 10-12 weeks between touch-ups.
Q: How much does balayage cost?
The cost of balayage will vary depending on the salon you go to and the length and thickness of your hair. In general, balayage costs more than traditional hair coloring.
Q: Is balayage damaging to my hair?
Balayage is generally considered to be less damaging to hair than traditional hair coloring techniques. This is because balayage is done by hand-painting the hair, which allows for more control over the amount of color that is applied. However, any hair coloring process can be damaging to hair, so it is important to choose a reputable salon and a stylist who is experienced in balayage.