18 Short Bob Faux Locs - Short Hairstyle Trends
Faux locs are a type of braided hairstyle that is created by wrapping hair around individual strands of yarn or thread. They can be worn in a variety of styles, including short bobs. Short bob faux locs are a popular choice for women who want a low-maintenance hairstyle that is still stylish and unique.
Benefits of Short Bob Faux Locs
There are many benefits to choosing short bob faux locs. First, they are very low-maintenance. Once they are styled, they can be easily maintained with a simple wash and go. Second, they are very versatile. They can be styled in a variety of ways, from sleek and sophisticated to edgy and funky. Third, they are very durable. They can withstand a lot of wear and tear, making them a great choice for women who are always on the go.
How to Get Short Bob Faux Locs
There are a few different ways to get short bob faux locs. One way is to have them professionally installed by a stylist. This is the most expensive option, but it is also the most reliable. Another way is to install them yourself. This is a less expensive option, but it is also more time-consuming and requires some skill.
If you choose to install your own short bob faux locs, you will need the following supplies:
- Yarn or thread
- Needle and thread
- Rat tail comb
- Bobby pins
- Start by parting your hair in the center.
- Divide your hair into small sections.
- Wrap each section of hair around a strand of yarn or thread.
- Secure the yarn or thread with a knot.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all of your hair is wrapped in yarn or thread.
- Spray your hair with hairspray to help keep the locs in place.
- Use a rat tail comb to smooth out any bumps or tangles.
- Secure the ends of your locs with bobby pins.
Styling Short Bob Faux Locs
Short bob faux locs can be styled in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- For a sleek and sophisticated look, simply brush your locs and leave them down.
- For an edgy and funky look, twist your locs into different shapes and styles.
- For a more natural look, braid your locs or wear them in a bun.
Caring for Short Bob Faux Locs
Short bob faux locs are relatively easy to care for. Here are a few tips:
- Wash your locs with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your locs.
- Retwist your locs every 6-8 weeks.
- Moisturize your locs regularly with a leave-in conditioner or oil.
Q: How long do short bob faux locs last?
A: Short bob faux locs can last anywhere from 6 months to a year, depending on how well you care for them.
Q: How much do short bob faux locs cost?
A: The cost of short bob faux locs varies depending on the salon you go to and the amount of hair you have. In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $500.
Q: Are short bob faux locs painful?
A: No, short bob faux locs are not painful. However, they can be a bit uncomfortable at first, as your hair is getting used to being wrapped around the yarn or thread.
Q: Can I get short bob faux locs if I have relaxed hair?
A: Yes, you can get short bob faux locs if you have relaxed hair. However, it is important to talk to your stylist about the best way to install them.