10 Highlights Blonde Short Hair - Short Hair Color Ideas
Highlights Blonde Short Hair: A Guide to Getting the Look
Highlights are a great way to add dimension and interest to your hair, and they can be especially flattering on short hair. If you're thinking about getting highlights, there are a few things you need to know.
In this blog post, we'll discuss:
- The different types of highlights
- How to choose the right highlights for your hair type and color
- How to care for your highlighted hair
- Frequently asked questions about highlights
Let's get started!
Types of Highlights
There are many different types of highlights, but the most common are:
- Balayage: This is a freehand technique that creates a natural-looking, sun-kissed effect.
- Ombre: This is a gradient effect that starts dark at the roots and fades to light at the ends.
- Highlight foils: This is a traditional method of highlighting that uses foils to create a precise, even application.
Choosing the Right Highlights for Your Hair Type and Color
When choosing highlights, it's important to consider your hair type and color. If you have fine hair, you'll want to choose highlights that are close to your natural hair color. This will help to add volume and dimension without making your hair look too thin. If you have thick hair, you can choose brighter highlights or even multiple colors.
Caring for Your Highlighted Hair
Highlighted hair requires a little extra care to keep it looking its best. Here are a few tips:
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that is designed for color-treated hair.
- Avoid heat styling your hair too often.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to protect your hair from the elements.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do highlights last?
Highlights can last anywhere from 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly your hair grows.
How much do highlights cost?
The cost of highlights will vary depending on the salon you go to and the type of highlights you choose. In general, balayage is the most expensive type of highlight, followed by ombre and highlight foils.
Are highlights damaging to my hair?
Highlights can be damaging to your hair if they are not done correctly. However, if you choose a reputable salon and a skilled stylist, the damage should be minimal.
Can I get highlights if I have gray hair?
Yes, you can get highlights if you have gray hair. However, it's important to choose a stylist who has experience working with gray hair.