10 Short Hair To Long Hair With Extensions - Short Hair Extensions
Do you love the look of long hair, but don't have the patience to grow it out? If so, hair extensions may be the perfect solution for you. With extensions, you can instantly add length and volume to your hair, without having to wait years for it to grow naturally.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to go from short hair to long hair with extensions. We will cover everything from choosing the right type of extensions to styling your new hair. So whether you are a first-time extension wearer or a seasoned pro, read on for all the information you need to get started.
1. Choose the Right Type of Extensions
There are many different types of hair extensions available, so it is important to choose the right type for your hair and your desired look. Here are a few of the most popular types of extensions:
- Clip-in extensions: Clip-in extensions are the easiest and most affordable type of extensions to use. They are also the most versatile, as you can style them in any way you like.
- Tape-in extensions: Tape-in extensions are a bit more expensive than clip-in extensions, but they are also more secure. They are perfect for people with active lifestyles, as they are less likely to come loose.
- Bonded extensions: Bonded extensions are the most expensive type of extensions, but they are also the most durable. They are perfect for people who want a long-lasting solution.
2. Get Your Hair Prepared
Before you can add extensions to your hair, you will need to get your hair prepared. This will involve washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo and then blow-drying it straight. You will also need to trim any split ends, as this will help to prevent the extensions from slipping.
3. Add the Extensions
Once your hair is prepared, you can start adding the extensions. If you are using clip-in extensions, simply clip them in place. If you are using tape-in extensions, apply the tape to your hair and then press the extension into place. If you are using bonded extensions, have a professional apply them.
4. Style Your New Hair
Once the extensions are in place, you can style your hair as usual. Be sure to use a heat protectant if you are using heat styling tools.
5. Care for Your Extensions
It is important to care for your extensions properly in order to keep them looking their best. Here are a few tips:
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on a high setting.
- Get your extensions trimmed every 6-8 weeks.
Q: How long do extensions last?
A: The lifespan of extensions will vary depending on the type of extensions you choose and how well you care for them. Clip-in extensions can last for a few days to a few weeks, while tape-in and bonded extensions can last for several months.
Q: Are extensions painful?
A: Extensions should not be painful. If you are experiencing pain, it is possible that the extensions are not properly applied or that you are allergic to the hair.
Q: Can I swim with extensions?
A: It is not recommended to swim with extensions, as this can damage them. If you must swim, be sure to wear a swim cap.
Q: Can I dye my hair with extensions?
A: It is possible to dye your hair with extensions, but it is important to use a color that is compatible with the type of extensions you have. Be sure to test the color on a small section of hair before applying it to your entire head.
Going from short hair to long hair with extensions is a great way to instantly change your look. With proper care, your extensions can last for several months, giving you the long, luxurious hair you've always wanted.