11 Side Bangs Short Layered Hair - Short Hairstyle Trends
What are side bangs?
Side bangs are a type of haircut that features bangs that are swept to the side of the face. They can be worn with a variety of hair lengths, but they are most commonly seen with short hair. Side bangs can add a touch of glamour and sophistication to any look, and they can also help to frame the face and draw attention to the eyes.
What are the benefits of side bangs?
There are many benefits to having side bangs. They can:
- Framing the face: Side bangs can help to frame the face and draw attention to the eyes. This can be a great way to create a more flattering look for your face shape.
- Adding volume: Side bangs can add volume to the hair, especially if you have fine or thin hair. This can help to create a more full and bouncy hairstyle.
- Making a statement: Side bangs can make a statement and add a touch of glamour to any look. They are a great way to add some personality to your hairstyle.
What are the drawbacks of side bangs?
There are a few drawbacks to having side bangs. They can:
- Be difficult to style: Side bangs can be difficult to style, especially if you have curly or wavy hair. You may need to use a lot of product to keep them in place.
- Require frequent trims: Side bangs grow out quickly, so you will need to get them trimmed regularly to keep them looking their best.
- Can be heavy on the forehead: If you have a large forehead, side bangs can make it look even larger. If you are concerned about this, you may want to consider a different type of haircut.
How to style side bangs
There are many ways to style side bangs. You can:
- Sweep them to the side: This is the most common way to style side bangs. Simply brush them to the side of your face and secure them with bobby pins or hairspray.
- Pin them back: If you are not in the mood for bangs, you can pin them back with bobby pins. This is a great way to keep your hair out of your face.
- Curling them: If you have curly or wavy hair, you can curl your side bangs to add some volume and interest.
- Straightening them: If you have straight hair, you can straighten your side bangs to create a sleek and polished look.
How to cut side bangs
If you are cutting your own side bangs, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you will need to decide how long you want your bangs to be. Once you have decided on the length, you will need to start by cutting a straight line across your forehead. Then, you will need to angle the scissors down as you cut towards the ends of your bangs. This will create a gradual fade that will help your bangs blend in with the rest of your hair.
How to maintain side bangs
To maintain your side bangs, you will need to get them trimmed regularly. This will help to keep them looking their best and prevent them from getting too long. You should also use a good quality hair product to help keep your bangs in place.
Q: What face shapes are side bangs best for?
A: Side bangs can be flattering on most face shapes, but they are especially good for oval, round, and square faces. If you have a heart-shaped face, you may want to avoid side bangs, as they can draw attention to your forehead and make your face look longer.
Q: What hair types are side bangs best for?
A: Side bangs can be worn with any hair type, but they are best for straight or wavy hair. If you have curly hair, you may want to consider a different type of haircut, as side bangs can be difficult to style with curly hair.
Q: How long do side bangs take to grow out?
A: Side bangs grow out at a rate of about 1/2 inch per month. This means that it will take about 2 months for your side bangs to grow out to the point where you can style them in a different way.