15 Pixie Cuts For Thick Hair Over 50 - Short Hairstyle Trends
Pixie Cuts for Thick Hair Over 50
As we age, our hair tends to thin out. This can be a frustrating experience, as we may no longer be able to wear our hair in the styles we used to love. However, there is one type of hairstyle that can be especially flattering for women with thick hair over 50: the pixie cut.
Pixie cuts are short, stylish, and easy to care for. They are also a great way to add volume and definition to thick hair. If you are thinking about getting a pixie cut, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First, consider your face shape. Pixie cuts can be flattering on a variety of face shapes, but some styles work better than others. For example, women with round faces may want to choose a pixie cut with long, side-swept bangs. This will help to elongate the face and create a more balanced look.
Second, think about your hair type. If you have thick, curly hair, you will need to choose a pixie cut that is designed to manage your curls. A good stylist will be able to help you find a style that is both stylish and easy to style.
Finally, don't be afraid to experiment with different styles. There are many different pixie cuts to choose from, so find one that you love and that makes you feel confident.
Here are some of the best pixie cuts for thick hair over 50:
- The asymmetrical pixie is a great choice for women with thick, straight hair. This style features long, side-swept bangs and a short, choppy back. It is a versatile style that can be dressed up or down.
[Image of Asymmetrical pixie haircut for thick hair over 50]
- The textured pixie is a great choice for women with thick, curly hair. This style features lots of layers and texture. It is a low-maintenance style that is easy to style.
[Image of Textured pixie haircut for thick hair over 50]
- The pixie bob is a great choice for women with thick, wavy hair. This style features a long, choppy bob with long, side-swept bangs. It is a stylish and versatile style that can be dressed up or down.
[Image of Pixie bob haircut for thick hair over 50]
- The pixie with undercut is a great choice for women with thick, straight hair. This style features a short, buzzed undercut on the sides and back of the head. It is a edgy and stylish style that is perfect for women who want to make a statement.
[Image of Pixie with undercut haircut for thick hair over 50]
Here are some tips for styling a pixie cut:
- Use a texturizing spray to add volume and definition to your hair.
- Use a styling cream to smooth flyaways and create a sleek look.
- Use a finishing spray to hold your style in place.
Here are some FAQs about pixie cuts for thick hair over 50:
Q: How often do I need to get my pixie cut trimmed?
A: You will need to get your pixie cut trimmed every 4-6 weeks to maintain its shape and style.
Q: How much does a pixie cut cost?
A: The cost of a pixie cut will vary depending on the salon and the stylist. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50-$150 for a basic pixie cut.
Q: Are pixie cuts hard to style?
A: Pixie cuts can be easy to style, especially if you have naturally straight hair. However, if you have curly or wavy hair, you may need to use a styling product to help control your curls.
Q: Are pixie cuts flattering for women over 50?
A: Yes, pixie cuts can be very flattering for women over 50. They can help to add volume and definition to your hair, and they can also make you look younger.