17 Hair Color Highlight Ideas For Short Hair - Short Hair Color Ideas
Hair Color Highlight Ideas for Short Hair
Short hair is a great way to show off your personality and style. But if you're looking for a way to add some extra oomph to your short hair, highlights are a great option. Highlights can add dimension and depth to your hair, and they can also help to brighten up your complexion.
If you're thinking about getting highlights for your short hair, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you need to decide what kind of highlights you want. There are a variety of highlight techniques available, including balayage, ombré, and foil highlights. Each technique has its own unique look, so you'll need to choose the one that best suits your hair and your style.
Once you've chosen a highlight technique, you need to decide what colors you want. If you have dark hair, you can choose from a variety of lighter shades, such as blonde, caramel, or strawberry blonde. If you have light hair, you can choose from a variety of darker shades, such as brunette, chocolate, or auburn.
No matter what kind of highlights you choose, it's important to work with a qualified hair stylist. A good hair stylist will be able to help you choose the right colors and techniques for your hair, and they will also be able to give you tips on how to care for your highlighted hair.
Here are some hair color highlight ideas for short hair:
- Balayage is a popular highlight technique that creates a natural-looking, sun-kissed effect. Balayage highlights are applied by hand, and they blend seamlessly into your natural hair color.
[Image of balayage highlights on short hair]
- Ombré is another popular highlight technique that creates a gradual blend from dark to light hair. Ombré highlights can be done in a variety of colors, and they can be worn on any hair length.
[Image of ombré highlights on short hair]
- Foil highlights are created by applying hair color to small sections of hair that have been wrapped in foil. Foil highlights give you more control over the placement and intensity of your highlights.
[Image of foil highlights on short hair]
Here are some tips for choosing the right hair color highlights for your short hair:
- Consider your natural hair color. If you have dark hair, you'll want to choose lighter shades for your highlights. If you have light hair, you can choose from a variety of darker shades.
- Think about your skin tone. If you have warm undertones, you'll want to choose warm-toned highlights, such as caramel or strawberry blonde. If you have cool undertones, you'll want to choose cool-toned highlights, such as ash blonde or auburn.
- Consider your lifestyle. If you have a busy lifestyle, you'll want to choose low-maintenance highlights that don't require a lot of upkeep.
Here are some tips for caring for your highlighted hair:
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that is designed for color-treated hair.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your hair as much as possible.
- Protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat or scarf when you're outdoors.
Q: How much does it cost to get highlights?
A: The cost of highlights will vary depending on the salon you go to, the technique you choose, and the amount of hair you have. In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $300 for highlights.
Q: How long do highlights last?
A: Highlights will typically last for 6-8 weeks before they start to fade. If you want to keep your highlights looking their best, you'll need to get them touched up every 6-8 weeks.
Q: Are there any risks associated with getting highlights?
A: There are a few risks associated with getting highlights, including:
- Hair breakage
- Allergic reactions to hair dye
- Scalp irritation
If you're concerned about the risks of getting highlights, talk to your hair stylist about your concerns.