19 Cutting Extensions To Blend With Short Hair - Short Hair Extensions
How to Cut Extensions to Blend with Short Hair
If you have short hair and are considering getting hair extensions, you may be wondering how to make sure they blend seamlessly. Here are a few tips:
- Choose the right type of extensions. Not all hair extensions are created equal. If you have short hair, you'll want to choose a type of extension that is lightweight and easy to blend. Weft extensions and tape-in extensions are both good options for short hair.
- Get them cut by a professional. If you're not comfortable cutting your own hair extensions, it's best to have them done by a professional. A good stylist will be able to blend the extensions in so that they look natural.
- Use a layering technique. When cutting your hair extensions, use a layering technique to create a more natural look. This will help to blend the extensions in with your natural hair.
- Use a texturizing product. A texturizing product can help to add volume and texture to your hair extensions, making them look more natural.
- Style your hair regularly. The more you style your hair, the more natural your hair extensions will look. Be sure to use products that are designed for hair extensions, and avoid using heat styling tools on high heat settings.
Here are some additional tips for cutting extensions to blend with short hair:
- Use a sharp pair of scissors. Dull scissors can cause the extensions to split and fray, which will make them look unnatural.
- Cut the extensions in small sections. This will help you to get a more precise cut.
- Start by cutting the extensions at the ends. Once you're happy with the length, you can then start to blend the extensions in with your natural hair.
- Be patient. It may take a few tries to get the perfect cut. Don't be afraid to ask your stylist for help if you're not sure what to do.
Here are some FAQs about cutting extensions to blend with short hair:
Q: What type of extensions are best for short hair?
A: There are a few different types of extensions that are good for short hair. Weft extensions and tape-in extensions are both lightweight and easy to blend.
Q: Can I cut my own hair extensions?
A: It's not recommended to cut your own hair extensions. If you're not comfortable cutting your own hair, it's best to have them done by a professional.
Q: What should I use to style my hair extensions?
A: Use products that are designed for hair extensions. Avoid using heat styling tools on high heat settings.
Q: How often should I get my hair extensions cut?
A: It depends on how fast your hair grows. You may need to get your hair extensions cut every 6-8 weeks.