10 Feathered Pixie Cut For Over 60 - Short Hairstyle Trends
What is a feathered pixie cut?
A feathered pixie cut is a short haircut that features soft, wispy layers. The layers are cut in a way that creates a feathery effect, which gives the hair a lot of volume and movement. Feathered pixie cuts are a great option for women over 60 because they are low-maintenance and stylish.
Why is a feathered pixie cut a good choice for women over 60?
There are many reasons why a feathered pixie cut is a good choice for women over 60. First, it is a low-maintenance haircut. This is important for women who are active and don't have a lot of time to style their hair. Second, a feathered pixie cut is stylish. It can be dressed up or down, and it can flatter a variety of face shapes. Third, a feathered pixie cut can help to hide signs of aging. The soft layers can help to soften the face and draw attention away from wrinkles.
What are some of the different types of feathered pixie cuts?
There are many different types of feathered pixie cuts to choose from. Some of the most popular styles include:
- The classic pixie: This is a simple, yet stylish haircut that features short, all-over layers.
- The asymmetrical pixie: This haircut features longer hair on one side and shorter hair on the other.
- The side-swept pixie: This haircut features bangs that are swept to one side.
- The spiky pixie: This haircut features short, spiky hair.
- The textured pixie: This haircut features layers that are cut to create texture and movement.
How do I style a feathered pixie cut?
Feather pixie cuts are very easy to style. You can simply brush your hair and let it air dry, or you can use a blow dryer to add volume and shape. If you want to add a little extra oomph to your style, you can use a styling product like a texturizing spray or a pomade.
Here are some tips for styling a feathered pixie cut:
- Use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner to help your hair hold its shape.
- Apply a texturizing spray to your hair before you blow dry it. This will help to create volume and movement.
- Use a round brush to blow dry your hair in the direction you want it to fall.
- Finish your style with a light-hold pomade to keep your hair in place.
Here are some FAQs about feathered pixie cuts:
Q: How often do I need to get my feathered pixie cut trimmed?
A: You will need to get your feathered pixie cut trimmed every 6-8 weeks to maintain its shape.
Q: How much does a feathered pixie cut cost?
A: The cost of a feathered pixie cut will vary depending on the salon and the stylist. However, you can expect to pay between $50 and $100 for a haircut.
Q: Is a feathered pixie cut right for me?
A: A feathered pixie cut can be a great choice for women of all ages, but it is especially flattering for women over 60. If you are looking for a low-maintenance, stylish haircut that can help to hide signs of aging, then a feathered pixie cut may be the right choice for you.