10 Female Cornrow Styles For Short Natural Hair - Short Hair Care Tips
Female Cornrow Styles for Short Natural Hair
Cornrows are a classic protective hairstyle that has been around for centuries. They are perfect for short natural hair because they can help to keep your hair neat and tidy, and they can also help to protect your hair from damage. There are many different cornrow styles that you can choose from, so you can find one that suits your individual style.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most popular cornrow styles for short natural hair. We will also provide some tips on how to care for your cornrows so that they last longer.
Here are some of the most popular cornrow styles for short natural hair:
- Straight cornrows: This is the simplest cornrow style. It is created by braiding the hair in straight lines from the front to the back of the head.
- Boxer braids: Boxer braids are a type of cornrow that is created by braiding the hair in two sections, one on each side of the head.
- Twisted cornrows: Twisted cornrows are created by braiding the hair in a twisted pattern. This style can be created using either two or three strands of hair.
- Crochet cornrows: Crochet cornrows are created by using a crochet needle to weave the hair into a braid. This style is more time-consuming to create than other cornrow styles, but it can be very versatile and can be used to create a variety of different looks.
- Invisible cornrows: Invisible cornrows are created by braiding the hair so that the braids are not visible. This style is perfect for those who want a low-maintenance cornrow style.
Here are some tips on how to care for your cornrows:
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Avoid using harsh shampoos and conditioners, as these can dry out your hair and make it more difficult to manage.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner to your hair after each wash. This will help to keep your hair hydrated and prevent it from becoming frizzy.
- Protect your cornrows from the sun and wind. Wear a hat or scarf when you are outdoors to protect your cornrows from the elements.
- Re-braid your cornrows every 2-3 weeks. This will help to keep your cornrows looking neat and tidy.
Q: How long do cornrows last?
A: Cornrows can last anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks, depending on how well you care for them.
Q: Can I sleep with my cornrows in?
A: Yes, you can sleep with your cornrows in. However, it is important to make sure that your cornrows are secure so that they do not come undone during the night.
Q: Can I swim with my cornrows in?
A: Yes, you can swim with your cornrows in. However, it is important to rinse your cornrows with fresh water after swimming to prevent them from becoming dry and brittle.
Q: How much does it cost to get cornrows?
The cost of cornrows will vary depending on the length of your hair, the style of cornrows that you choose, and the salon that you go to.