13 Brown Balayage For Short Hair - Short Hair Color Ideas
What is balayage?
Balayage is a French hair-painting technique that creates a natural-looking, sun-kissed effect. It is a freehand technique that uses a brush to apply the dye, rather than foils. This allows for a more blended, seamless look. Balayage is perfect for those who want to add dimension and depth to their hair without making a drastic change.
Why is balayage a good choice for short hair?
Balayage is a great choice for short hair because it can help to create the illusion of thickness and volume. The highlights can be placed strategically to draw attention to the face and cheekbones. Balayage is also a low-maintenance option, as the roots will not show as quickly as with traditional highlights.
What are the different types of balayage for short hair?
There are many different types of balayage that can be done on short hair. Some popular options include:
- Subtle balayage: This is a great option for those who want a natural-looking, understated change. The highlights are typically placed close to the roots and are blended in very subtly.
- Bold balayage: This is a more dramatic option that is perfect for those who want a big change. The highlights are typically placed further from the roots and are more noticeable.
- Ombre balayage: This is a type of balayage that creates a gradient effect from dark to light. The highlights are typically placed at the ends of the hair and blend into the natural hair color at the roots.
How much does balayage cost?
The cost of balayage will vary depending on the salon and the stylist. However, it typically costs between $100 and $500.
How long does balayage last?
Balayage can last anywhere from 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly your hair grows.
How do I care for my balayage?
There are a few things you can do to help your balayage last longer:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Sulfates can strip the color from your hair.
- Avoid heat styling your hair as much as possible. Heat can damage your hair and cause the color to fade.
- Use a leave-in conditioner or styling product that protects your hair from the sun and other environmental factors.
Q: What is the difference between balayage and highlights?
A: Balayage and highlights are both hair-coloring techniques that use highlights to add dimension and depth to the hair. However, there are some key differences between the two techniques. Balayage is a freehand technique that uses a brush to apply the dye, while highlights are typically applied using foils. This results in a more natural-looking, blended effect with balayage.
Q: What is the best balayage color for my hair?
A: The best balayage color for your hair will depend on your natural hair color, skin tone, and desired look. A good hair stylist can help you choose the right colors for your balayage.
Q: How long does balayage take?
A: The time it takes to get balayage will vary depending on the length and thickness of your hair. In general, balayage takes longer than traditional highlights.
Q: Is balayage expensive?
A: The cost of balayage will vary depending on the salon and the stylist. However, it typically costs more than traditional highlights.