13 Short Marley Twist Hairstyles - Short Hair Care Tips
What are Marley twists?
Marley twists are a type of protective hairstyle that is created by twisting small sections of hair together. They are named after Bob Marley, who often wore his hair in this style. Marley twists can be worn by people of all hair types, but they are especially popular for people with 4c hair.
Benefits of Marley twists
There are many benefits to wearing Marley twists. They are a great way to protect your hair from heat damage, sun damage, and breakage. They can also help to define your curls and coils. Marley twists are also relatively low-maintenance, which makes them a great option for people who are busy or who don't have a lot of time to style their hair.
How to get Marley twists
Marley twists can be done by a professional stylist or you can do them yourself. If you are doing them yourself, you will need the following supplies:
- Marley twist hair
- A detangling brush
- A wide-tooth comb
- A spray bottle
- A water-based leave-in conditioner
- A styling gel
- Wash your hair and deep condition it.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner to your hair and detangle it with a wide-tooth comb.
- Separate your hair into small sections.
- Twist each section of hair together, starting at the scalp and working your way down.
- Secure each twist with a small elastic band.
- Mist your twists with water and apply a styling gel.
- Let your twists air dry or blow dry them on low heat.
How to care for Marley twists
Marley twists are relatively low-maintenance, but there are a few things you can do to keep them looking their best:
- Wash your twists every 2-3 weeks.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your twists.
- Retwist your twists every 4-6 weeks.
Styles for short Marley twists
There are many different styles that you can create with short Marley twists. Here are a few ideas:
- Leave your twists in a natural state.
- Part your twists in different ways to create different looks.
- Braid your twists together.
- Pin your twists up in a bun or ponytail.
- Wear your twists in a scarf or headwrap.
Q: How long do Marley twists last?
A: Marley twists can last anywhere from 4-8 weeks, depending on how well you care for them.
Q: Can I get Marley twists if I have short hair?
A: Yes, you can get Marley twists if you have short hair. However, you may need to use a shorter length of hair for your twists.
Q: Are Marley twists painful?
A: Marley twists should not be painful. If you are experiencing pain, you may be twisting your hair too tightly.
Q: How much do Marley twists cost?
The cost of Marley twists will vary depending on the length of your hair, the size of your twists, and the stylist you choose.