14 Blond Highlights For Short Hair - Short Hair Color Ideas
Blond Highlights for Short Hair: A Guide to Getting the Look You Want
If you're thinking about getting blond highlights for your short hair, you're in luck! There are a lot of great options available, and with a little planning, you can easily find the perfect look for your hair type and style.
In this guide, we'll walk you through the process of choosing the right blond highlights for your short hair, and we'll provide some tips on how to get the most out of your new look.
1. Choose the Right Blond Highlight Color
The first step is to choose the right blond highlight color. There are a lot of different shades of blond to choose from, so it's important to find one that will complement your natural hair color. If you're not sure what color to choose, ask your hair stylist for help.
2. Decide on the Highlight Placement
Once you've chosen your blond highlight color, you need to decide where you want them placed. There are a lot of different ways to place blond highlights, so it's important to choose a style that will flatter your face shape and hair type.
3. Consider the Maintenance
Before you get blond highlights, it's important to consider the maintenance. Blond highlights require more maintenance than natural hair color, so you'll need to be prepared to visit your hair stylist more often for touch-ups.
4. Find a Good Hair Stylist
The most important step is to find a good hair stylist who can give you the look you want. Ask your friends and family for recommendations, and be sure to do your research before you make an appointment.
5. Take Care of Your Hair
Once you have your blond highlights, it's important to take care of your hair to keep them looking their best. Use a shampoo and conditioner that is designed for color-treated hair, and avoid using heat styling tools on your hair as much as possible.
Here are some of the most popular blond highlight colors for short hair:
- Blonde balayage: This is a popular technique that creates a natural-looking sun-kissed effect.
- Babylights: These are small, delicate highlights that are placed throughout the hair.
- Ombre: This is a technique that creates a gradual blend from dark to light hair.
- Highlights with lowlights: This is a great way to add dimension and depth to short hair.
Here are some tips for choosing the right blond highlight placement for short hair:
- If you have a round face, you'll want to avoid highlights that are placed too close to your face. Instead, opt for highlights that are placed around the perimeter of your hair.
- If you have an oval face, you can pretty much choose any highlight placement that you like.
- If you have a square face, you'll want to soften your features by adding highlights to the sides of your face.
- If you have a heart-shaped face, you'll want to draw attention to your cheekbones by adding highlights to the top of your head.
Here are some tips for maintaining your blond highlights:
- Visit your hair stylist every 6-8 weeks for touch-ups.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that is designed for color-treated hair.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your hair as much as possible.
Here are some frequently asked questions about blond highlights for short hair:
Q: How much do blond highlights cost?
A: The cost of blond highlights will vary depending on the salon, the stylist, and the amount of hair that is highlighted. In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $500 for blond highlights.
Q: How long do blond highlights last?
A: The lifespan of blond highlights will vary depending on the type of hair color that you have, the way that you style your hair, and how well you take care of your hair. In general, blond highlights will last anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks.
Q: Are blond highlights damaging to hair?
A: Blond highlights can be damaging to hair, especially if they are done incorrectly. However, if you choose a reputable salon and a skilled stylist, the damage should be minimal.