20 Images Of A Pixie Cut - Short Hairstyle Trends
What is a pixie cut?
A pixie cut is a short haircut that is typically worn by women. It is characterized by its short length and its versatility. Pixie cuts can be styled in a variety of ways, and they can flatter a variety of face shapes.
History of the pixie cut
The pixie cut has a long history, dating back to the early 1900s. It was first popularized by actress Louise Brooks, who wore a short, choppy haircut in the film "Pandora's Box" (1929). The pixie cut experienced a resurgence in popularity in the 1960s, thanks to actresses like Mia Farrow and Audrey Hepburn.
Types of pixie cuts
There are many different types of pixie cuts, each with its own unique look. Some popular types of pixie cuts include:
- The classic pixie: This is a short, all-over style that is easy to maintain.
- The asymmetrical pixie: This style features a longer, textured top and shorter sides.
- The angled pixie: This style features a longer, angled front that frames the face.
- The bob pixie: This style is a combination of a pixie cut and a bob, and it features a shorter length in the back and sides.
- The spiky pixie: This style features short, spiky hair that is styled with gel or mousse.
How to style a pixie cut
Pixie cuts are versatile and can be styled in a variety of ways. Some popular ways to style a pixie cut include:
- Straight: This is the simplest way to style a pixie cut. Simply brush your hair and let it air dry.
- Curly: If you have naturally curly hair, you can style your pixie cut with a diffuser attachment on your hair dryer.
- Spiky: To style your pixie cut with spikes, use gel or mousse to create spikes.
- Wavy: To style your pixie cut with waves, use a curling iron to create waves.
Benefits of a pixie cut
There are many benefits to having a pixie cut. Some of the benefits include:
- Low maintenance: Pixie cuts are low maintenance and require little styling.
- Versatile: Pixie cuts can be styled in a variety of ways.
- Flattering: Pixie cuts can flatter a variety of face shapes.
- Cool and edgy: Pixie cuts can give you a cool and edgy look.
Drawbacks of a pixie cut
There are a few drawbacks to having a pixie cut. Some of the drawbacks include:
- Not for everyone: Pixie cuts are not for everyone. They can be difficult to style if you have thick or curly hair.
- Can be expensive to maintain: If you want to keep your pixie cut looking its best, you will need to get regular trims.
- Can be cold in the winter: Pixie cuts can be cold in the winter, especially if you live in a cold climate.
Q: What is the best way to find a pixie cut that flatters my face shape?
A: The best way to find a pixie cut that flatters your face shape is to consult with a hair stylist. They can help you choose a style that will complement your features.
Q: How often do I need to get my pixie cut trimmed?
A: The frequency with which you need to get your pixie cut trimmed will depend on how fast your hair grows. Most people need to get their pixie cut trimmed every 6-8 weeks.
Q: What are some ways to style a pixie cut for different occasions?
A: There are many ways to style a pixie cut for different occasions. For a casual look, you can simply brush your hair and let it air dry. For a more formal look, you can use gel or mousse to create spikes or waves.
Q: How do I take care of my pixie cut?
A: To keep your pixie cut looking its best, you should wash it regularly and use a good conditioner. You should also avoid using heat styling tools on your hair, as this can damage it.