13 Hair Extensions For Short Hair After Chemo - Short Hair Extensions
Hair Extensions for Short Hair After Chemo
Losing your hair to chemotherapy can be a devastating experience. It can be difficult to feel confident and beautiful when you're missing such a big part of your appearance. If you're looking for a way to add volume and length to your hair after chemo, hair extensions may be a good option for you.
Types of Hair Extensions
There are many different types of hair extensions available, so it's important to choose the right type for your hair and needs. Some of the most popular types of hair extensions for short hair after chemo include:
- Tape-in extensions: These extensions are applied using small, double-sided tape. They're a good option for short hair because they can be applied to the scalp without any visible tracks.
- Bonded extensions: These extensions are bonded to the hair using a special adhesive. They're a good option for women with fine hair because they don't add any extra weight.
- Microlink extensions: These extensions are attached to the hair using tiny metal links. They're a good option for women with thick hair because they can hold more weight.
How to Choose the Right Hair Extensions
When choosing hair extensions, it's important to consider the following factors:
- Your hair type: If you have fine hair, you'll want to choose extensions that are lightweight. If you have thick hair, you can choose heavier extensions.
- Your hair color: Make sure to choose extensions that are the same color as your natural hair.
- Your budget: Hair extensions can be expensive, so it's important to set a budget before you start shopping.
Getting Hair Extensions After Chemo
If you've decided to get hair extensions after chemo, it's important to find a reputable salon that specializes in this type of service. The salon should have experience working with women who have lost their hair to chemotherapy.
The process of getting hair extensions can be time-consuming and expensive. It's important to be prepared for this before you make an appointment.
Caring for Hair Extensions After Chemo
Once you have hair extensions, it's important to take care of them properly. Here are some tips for caring for hair extensions after chemo:
- Wash your hair gently: Use a mild shampoo and conditioner that is designed for hair extensions.
- Don't brush your hair when it's wet: Brush your hair when it's dry or damp.
- Avoid heat styling: Use heat styling tools on your hair extensions as little as possible.
- Get your extensions serviced regularly: Your hair extensions will need to be replaced every few months.
Q: How much do hair extensions cost?
A: The cost of hair extensions can vary depending on the type of extensions you choose, the salon you go to, and the length and volume of hair you need. In general, hair extensions can cost anywhere from $500 to $2,000.
Q: How long do hair extensions last?
A: The lifespan of hair extensions can vary depending on the type of extensions you choose and how well you care for them. In general, hair extensions can last anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks.
Q: Are hair extensions painful to get?
A: Hair extensions can be uncomfortable to get, but they should not be painful. If you experience any pain, tell your stylist immediately.
Q: Are hair extensions safe for people who have had chemotherapy?
A: Yes, hair extensions are safe for people who have had chemotherapy. However, it's important to talk to your doctor before you get hair extensions, especially if you're still undergoing treatment.