19 Blonde Twa Natural Hair - Short Hair Color Ideas
Blonde TWA Natural Hair: A Guide to Going Blonde with Short Natural Hair
Having short natural hair can be a challenge, but it can also be a lot of fun. If you're thinking about going blonde with your TWA, there are a few things you need to know. In this guide, we'll cover everything you need to know about going blonde with short natural hair, from choosing the right shade of blonde to styling your new hair.
What is a TWA?
A TWA stands for Teenie Weenie Afro. It's a term used to describe short, tightly coiled natural hair. TWAs can be any length, but they're typically no longer than 3 inches.
Why Go Blonde?
There are many reasons why you might want to go blonde with your TWA. Maybe you're tired of your natural hair color. Maybe you want to try something new. Or maybe you just want to add some brightness to your look. Whatever your reason, going blonde with a TWA can be a great way to change up your style.
Choosing the Right Shade of Blonde
When choosing a shade of blonde for your TWA, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, consider your skin tone. If you have light skin, you'll want to choose a lighter shade of blonde. If you have dark skin, you can choose a darker shade of blonde. Second, consider your hair texture. If you have tightly coiled hair, you'll want to choose a shade of blonde that is ashy or cool-toned. This will help to create a contrast between your hair and your skin tone.
Getting Your Hair Dyed
If you're not sure how to dye your own hair, it's best to go to a professional. A professional hair stylist will be able to help you choose the right shade of blonde and will be able to dye your hair in a way that is safe and healthy.
Taking Care of Your Blonde TWA
Once you've dyed your hair blonde, it's important to take care of it properly. Here are a few tips:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Sulfates can strip the color from your hair.
- Use a deep conditioner once a week. This will help to keep your hair hydrated and healthy.
- Avoid heat styling your hair as much as possible. Heat styling can damage your hair and cause the color to fade.
- Protect your hair from the sun. The sun can also damage your hair and cause the color to fade.
Styling Your Blonde TWA
There are endless possibilities when it comes to styling your blonde TWA. Here are a few ideas:
- Wear your hair in twists or braids. This is a great way to protect your hair from the elements and to keep it from getting frizzy.
- Wear your hair in a bun or ponytail. This is a quick and easy way to style your hair.
- Wear your hair in a pixie cut. This is a trendy and stylish way to wear your hair.
Q: How much does it cost to dye my hair blonde?
A: The cost of dyeing your hair blonde will vary depending on the salon you go to and the length of your hair. In general, expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $300.
Q: How long will it take for my hair to fade?
A: The amount of time it takes for your hair to fade will depend on the type of dye you use and how often you wash your hair. In general, expect your hair to fade after about 6-8 weeks.
Q: How can I prevent my hair from fading?
A: There are a few things you can do to prevent your hair from fading:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Use a deep conditioner once a week.
- Avoid heat styling your hair as much as possible.
- Protect your hair from the sun.
Going blonde with a TWA can be a great way to change up your style. With a little bit of planning and care, you can easily achieve the blonde TWA of your dreams.